Würzburg University Press supports editors in all phases of publishing series. We tailor the publication process to your personal requirements. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the different aspects of publication!
Please contact us – by telephone or e-mail – and provide us with the following information:
- Title of the publication series
- Concept of the series, contents and planned volumes, target group for readers and authors
- Progress status (initial idea or individual volumes already available)
- Desired format (usually 15.5 x 22 cm or 17 x 24 cm)
- Type of binding required (soft or hard cover)
- Number of editor copies required
- Your contact details (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address), institute affiliation
Want to move an existing publication series to Würzburg University Press? Get in touch and we will discuss the details.
As the editor of a publication series, you are responsible for promoting volumes and assuring their academic quality. We will support you by advising authors on all publishing questions, from legal aspects to financing through to uploading their work. For more details, see "For authors".
Need support and materials to promote your publication series? Feel free to contact us!
What should the cover of your series look like? What do you need to consider regarding the layout? Who can do the typesetting?
We will work with you to answer all your questions. As with all our publications, we check all titles within a series against formal criteria twice.
You will sign an editor contract with Würzburg University Press. This contract will regulate aspects including:
- The total publication cost expected
- The number of copies
- How long the book will be available from retailers
- The usage rights granted to the publisher
- The price of the printed edition to be sold in book stores
We use the Creative Commons CC BY-SA 4.0 International license only. Editors are responsible for the review of the manuscripts.
As an additional service, editors receive annual download statistics in addition to the download figures available online for individual publications. The statistics are compiled within the OA Statistics project and are adjusted in accordance with the COUNTER standard. This guarantees that the figures can be compared with download statistics from other publishers.