Würzburg University Press supports authors in all phases of the publication process. We tailor the publication process to your personal requirements. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the different aspects of publication!
Please contact us – by telephone or e-mail – and provide us with the following information:
- Title of the publication
- Document type: Single monograph, title within a series, anthology or conference proceedings, doctoral thesis (only for magna or summa cum laude)
- Desired format (usually 15.5 x 22 cm or 17 x 24 cm)
- Type of binding (soft or hard cover)
- Current format of your publication (size (A4/A5, etc.), Word, LaTeX, etc.)
- Total number of pages, number of colour pages, number of graphics, tables, figures
- Desired publication date
- Number of author copies required
- Your contact details (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address), institute affiliation
Using the information you provide, we will draw up a non-binding cost estimate. As an Open Access publisher, we work with the ‘Author Pays’ pricing model, which means you as the author will pay the publication costs. You will not receive any remuneration from the publishing house.
If you decide to publish with us and your manuscript gets acctepted according to our quality criteria, we will work with you on the typesetting.
First, please upload your manuscript and bibliographic data using the publication form for our OPUS Würzburg publication server. The data will be stored in an internal memory. Provide as much information as possible on formal and content-related metadata. This will make it easier to find your publication on the Internet later on. We recommend registering with ORCID to this end.
If you need any help entering the data into OPUS, please visit us or the OPUS help pages or read our OPUS flyer (PDF, 672 KB).
Authors who want to typeset their work themselves can use our document templates for Word and InDesign or our LaTeX class. The "Further information" section provides useful tips on setting your own text.
We will be happy to do the typesetting for you for a surcharge.
We check all publications against formal criteria at least twice before printing and add correction notes.
We will design the book cover in accordance with your ideas and suggestions. We will ask you to write a blurb (approx. 100 words) for the back cover to interest as many potential readers as possible.
You can send us the finished print file and the original file by e-mail, via Gigamove or via a file transfer service.
You will sign a publisher contract with Würzburg University Press. This contract will regulate aspects including:
- The total publication cost expected
- The number of copies
- How long the book will be available from retailers
- The usage rights granted to the publisher
- The price of the printed edition to be sold in book stores
We use the Creative Commons CC BY-SA 4.0 International license only.
The PDF file serves as the basis for electronic and printed publications. As soon as we receive your approval for printing, we will order the print copies from our print service provider and will release the online version in OPUS Würzburg. The printed copies will then be available from national and international booksellers as well as major online book shops and will be listed in the Directory of Available Books (Verzeichnis Lieferbarer Bücher).