Würzburg University Press supports editors in all phases of the publication process. The publication process can be tailored to your individual needs. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the different aspects of publication!
Please contact us – by telephone or e-mail – and provide us with the following information:
- Title of the publication
- Document type: Anthology or conference proceedings, single title or title in a series
- Desired format (usually 15.5 x 22 cm or 17 x 24 cm)
- Type of binding required (soft or hard cover)
- Process status (initial idea or individual essays/articles already available or commissioned, text already set in Word, LaTeX or InDesign, declarations of consent from individual authors, etc.)
- Estimated total number of pages, number of colour pages, number of graphics, tables, figures
- Desired publication date
- Number of author and editor copies required
- Your contact details (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address), institute affiliation
Using the information you provide, we will draw up a non-binding cost estimate. As an Open Access publisher, we work with the "Author Pays" pricing model, which means you as the editor will pay for the publication costs. You will not receive any remuneration from the publishing house.
As the editor of an anthology or conference proceedings, you will create the academic concept and be in charge of editorial supervision. Thereby many questions regarding formal aspects occur as well. Important information and requirements are available in our “Recommendations for manuscript creation – contributed volumes” (in German “Tipps zur Manuskripterstellung – Sammelbände”.
We will help with the typesetting with document templates for Word and InDesign or our LaTeX class. If you wish, we can do all the typesetting for you. The "Further information" section provides useful tips on setting your own text.
We check all publications against formal criteria at least twice before printing and add correction notes.
We will design the book cover in accordance with your ideas and suggestions. We will ask you to write a blurb (approx. 100 words) for the back cover to interest as many potential readers as possible.
You will sign an editor contract with Würzburg University Press. This contract will regulate aspects including:
- The total publication cost expected
- The number of copies
- How long the book will be available from retailers
- The usage rights granted to the publisher
- The price of the printed edition to be sold in book stores
We use the Creative Commons CC BY-SA 4.0 International license only. Editors are responsible for the review of the manuscripts.
Please upload your finished document and your final original files (LaTeX, InDesign, Word, etc.) using the publication form for our OPUS Würzburg publication server. Provide as much information as possible on formal and content-related metadata. This will make it easier to find your publication on the Internet. We also recommend registering with ORCID to this end.
The PDF file serves as the basis for electronic and printed publications. As soon as we receive your approval for printing, we will order the print copies from our print service provider and release the online version in OPUS. The printed copies will then be available from national and international booksellers and major online book shops and will be listed in the Directory of Available Books (Verzeichnis Lieferbarer Bücher).